Leeds!!

All things I LIKE TRAINS

Moderators: iLiKESARDiNES, Dave iLT, Samm

Roald Engelbregt Gravning Amundsen

Leeds!!

Postby Samm » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:36 am

Surprised nobody mentioned this, surely some fans from back in the only playing in leeds days remain!
They were really really good there, having not really heard much of the new stuff apart from last time it was really good to hear them again.
We all fall down was sounding wonderful, and the list of names is still quite emotional!
Other than that spencer perceval really lept out as ace, and joshua is the best instrumental i've heard in ages, even if it is an explosions in the sky rip off apparently :roll:

Petty Officer Edger Evans

Explosions

Postby lomaski » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:24 am

As a big Explosions fan I can reassure you that it is not an explosions rip off, it is at worst, vaguely reminiscent of their style.

Postby Dave iLT » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:40 pm

In Samms defence he was quoting me. I think I said it sounds something like 'Explosions covering a Sigur Ros song'. I was mostly joking. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the Leeds show, and the opening band weren't too shabby either!
jEGLiKERTOG

Postby Samm » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:57 pm

it was either you or guy, or everyone else i spoke, to it's common knowledge now you're all big rip off merchants! :wink:

Postby Cletus from Canuckistan » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:43 pm

Samm wrote:it's common knowledge now you're all big rip off merchants! :wink:

Hopefully not in the merch department... I've faithfully held off on buying the new album so that I could be surprised when I see you in Grenoble.

Re: Leeds!!

Postby pomfob » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 pm

#9...though I don't remember a lot about it. Possibly connected with buying my mate Tim a ticket as a birthday present...it was pretty crowded though, wasn't it?

Explosions In The Sky? Meh, they're ok. Never quite understood why a Mogwai tribute act with even less stage presence is so popular.
Putting the fun back into being pretentious

Return to I LIKE TRAINS